Want to know more about the Midtown Business Association? Then join us at a monthly luncheon to meet fellow members and listen to an engaging topic. Our members represent many businesses within the Midtown area, and our speakers present topics of wide interest.
Midtown Business Association luncheons are held the fourth Wednesday of the month from noon to 1 p.m. There are no general meetings/luncheons held in June, August or December. Join us for the following luncheons:
- Feb. 26: Thomas Shirazi, security consultant with Raven Security Associates, will discuss current security concerns in Omaha and specific operations in the Blackstone Area. He also will address what Raven Security can provide the greater midtown area. Shirazi has been involved in the field of private security for the past six years. He leads the development and implementation of security protocols and patrol models currently in use at event centers and neighborhoods around the Greater Omaha Area and acts as a liaison between his clients and the Omaha Police Department and emergency services.
- March 25: James Schelnick, director of sales & marketing for the Kimpton Cottonwood Hotel, which is scheduled to open this spring at 36th and Farnam Streets
- April 22: David Brown, Greater Omaha Chamber
- May 27: Amanda Lustgraaf, Midtown Crossing, will present “Midtown Crossing: Ten Years Together.”
3201 Farnam St., #6111 Omaha, NE 68131
Located inside the Alamo Theater – Theatre#2 (third floor of the theater) in Midtown Crossing on Farnam Street.
There will be MBA board members available to direct you once you are inside the building, OR you can ask the ticket sellers in the lobby as you enter the building.
Please park in the covered parking garage that is on the South side of Farnam and exit the garage on the Farnam Street side. Be sure to bring your parking ticket with you for validation.
The cost of the lunch is $12. Parking is available free in the garage near the theater – simply bring your ticket to the meeting and it will be validated by the Alamo Theater.
To RSVP to an upcoming luncheon, complete the form below and follow the prompt to continue to the payment portion. Reservations are required to determine how much food to have available for our guests.
Reservations must be made BY the Friday before the meeting. Cancellations are required before noon on Monday before the meeting. Late cancellations and no shows will be invoiced.
February’s luncheon speaker: Thomas Shirazi, Raven Security Associates
Free quarterly networking events for MBA members promote local MBA businesses by allowing them to showcase their operations to other members and potential customers. Individuals who attend have the opportunity to meet and network with business colleagues, discuss topics of interest and potentially create additional business opportunities. Networking events often include tours by the host.
Join us at our upcoming event:
- April 3 – 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. at Completely KIDS, 2566 St. Mary’s Ave., Omaha – Enjoy coffee and doughnuts while networking with your MBA neighbors and learning more about how Completely KIDS strengthens our community and helps families break the cycle of poverty.
No reservations are needed for the networking sessions.
Networking events allow local businesses to showcase their work to MBA members. In November, Slate Architecture, 3624 Farnam Street, hosted an event.