Want to know more about the Midtown Business Association? Then join us at a monthly luncheon to meet fellow members and listen to an engaging topic. Our members represent many businesses within the Midtown area, and our speakers present topics of wide interest.
Midtown Business Association luncheons are held the fourth Wednesday of the month from noon to 1 p.m. There are no general meetings/luncheons held in June, August or December. Join us for the following luncheons:
- Jan. 22, 2020: Having just completed a new data-driven strategic plan, Joslyn Castle has a newly-defined path forward. Executive director Sidney Gnann will discuss elements of the plan and what it will mean to the community. As executive director for the past eight years, Gnann has worked to improve lives by building community centered on a physical place. He is interested in how places become part of individuals’ lives and take on a life of their own.
- Feb. 26, 2020: Thomas Shirazi, security consultant with Raven Security Associates, will discuss current security concerns in Omaha and specific operations in the Blackstone Area. He also will address what Raven Security can provide the greater midtown area. Shirazi has been involved in the field of private security for the past six years. He leads the development and implementation of security protocols and patrol models currently in use at event centers and neighborhoods around the Greater Omaha Area and acts as a liaison between his clients and the Omaha Police Department and emergency services.
- March 25, 2020: James Schelnick, director of sales & marketing for the Kimpton Cottonwood Hotel, scheduled to open this spring at 36th and Farnam Streets
- April 22, 2020: David Brown, Greater Omaha Chamber
- May 27, 2020: Speaker TBA
3201 Farnam St., #6111 Omaha, NE 68131
Located inside the Alamo Theater – Theatre#2 (third floor of the theater) in Midtown Crossing on Farnam Street.
There will be MBA board members available to direct you once you are inside the building, OR you can ask the ticket sellers in the lobby as you enter the building.
Please park in the covered parking garage that is on the South side of Farnam and exit the garage on the Farnam Street side. Be sure to bring your parking ticket with you for validation.
The cost of the lunch is $12. Parking is available free in the garage near the theater – simply bring your ticket to the meeting and it will be validated by the Alamo Theater.
To RSVP to an upcoming luncheon, complete the form below and follow the prompt to continue to the payment portion. Reservations are required to determine how much food to have available for our guests.
Reservations must be made BY the Friday before the meeting. Cancellations are required before noon on Monday before the meeting. Late cancellations and no shows will be invoiced.
Sidney Gnann, Joslyn Castle
Free quarterly networking events for MBA members promote local MBA businesses by allowing them to showcase their operations to other members and potential customers. Individuals who attend have the opportunity to meet and network with business colleagues, discuss topics of interest and potentially create additional business opportunities. Networking events often include tours by the host.
Plan to attend a networking session in 2020. Details will be announced soon.
This past year, members participated in the following events:
- TSP Architecture, Engineering, and Planning
- Holland Basham Architects
- Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center including the Chihuly Sanctuary
- Slate Architecture
No reservations are needed for the networking sessions.
Slate Architecture, 3624 Farnam Street, hosted the MBA in November.